Xaverian's Student Newspaper

The X-Press

Pepsi Perfect

Stefano Ientile, Staff Writer

By Stefano Ientile ’18

Great Scott! After twenty-six long, agonizing years, fans of the popular movie Back to the Future II will be able to get their hands on a bottle of Pepsi Perfect. Fans of the film trilogy have no problem remembering Marty McFly entering a diner and ordering a Pepsi Perfect. Even though Pepsi is not launching any new type of brand, it is releasing 6,500 limited edition bottles on October 21, 2015 to let fans get their own taste.

pepsi-1

“I had always wanted to know if Pepsi was going to release something about it, but now that they are I think it’s pretty cool,” says Matthew Antuofermo ’18. Those who wish to purchase the bottle can do so for the ironically dubbed price of $20.15. Even though it’s not quite as pricey as the $50 that Christopher Lloyd’s Doc Brown gave Marty in the film. The bottle will only be sold online although Pepsi recommends that fans check out the company’s social media pages closer to the 21st launch date to know exactly where to get a bottle. While it won’t come with any new flavor fans can still enjoy classic Pepsi in a 16.9 ounce bottle.

Pepsi has also decided to distribute 1,500 Pepsi Perfect bottles before its general release during New York Comic Con to any fan that arrives dressed like Marty. Surprisingly Pepsi is part of growing list of companies joining the fun of the original film’s 30th anniversary.

In January, Nike announced that they would be releasing an identical version of the self-lacing shoes featured in “Back to the Future II” later this year. While Reston, Va., will be renaming itself “Hill Valley” in honor of the film from October 21st through the 25th. American television channel AMC will be showing screenings of the trilogy on October 21 and Amazon will be streaming all three movies throughout the month of October.

Although Back to the Future II has gotten many things right about 2015, including its prediction on handheld devices, video chatting, and a very strong obsession to movie sequels it remains to be seen if the Cubs will win the World Series this year, as the film predicted.